Join Our Team
You dream of making a difference. You can make it a reality.
Bailey House, Inc., a leader in HIV/AIDS housing and services with offices in East Harlem and Greenwich Village, is recognized as one of the best places to work in New York City.
We’re looking for dedicated, dynamic individuals committed to bettering their community. The following positions are currently available. To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements using our online form. You may also apply by fax, email, or mail.
Bailey House, Inc.
1751 Park Ave
New York, NY 10035
Attention: Human Resources
- Senior Patient Navigator
- Outreach Specialist – Transitional Care Coordination
- Outreach & Engagement Specialist – Targeted Case Management (2 positions available)
- Behavioral Health Center – Licensed Master Social Worker – Bilingual Spanish
Senior Patient Navigator
The Senior Patient Navigator is responsible to guide HIV/AIDS patient/clients through the health care system by assisting with access to healthcare, developing relationships with service providers, patient advocacy, monitoring treatment and outcomes and provide education, treatment adherence and support to family members and care givers.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- BA or minimum 5 years experience with this population, MSW preferred;
- Must be fully educated about HIV/AID’s including the disease, medication, disease progression and treatment options;
- Knowledge of NY Health Care Systems including HMO’s, Medicaid, and public health systems;
- Supervisory experience preferred;
- Ability to manage conflict;
- Ability to work collaboratively;
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook, WORD, Excel, Power Point, Electronic Health Records) with the ability to do research;
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
Outreach Specialist – Transitional Care Coordination
The Outreach Specialist is responsible for guiding HIV/AIDS clients through the health care, housing, and entitlements systems by assisting with access to services, developing relationships with service providers, patient advocacy, monitoring treatment and outcomes and in conjunction with project coordinator provides education, treatment adherence and support to family members and care givers
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Some college and/or High School Diploma required
- 1-2 years experience within the last 3 years
- Must be fully educated on HIV/AID’s including the disease, medication, how the disease progresses and treatment options
- Knowledge of New York health care systems and entitlements options including HMO’s, Medicaid, HASA, and public health systems.
- Ability to manage conflict
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Proficient in use of MS Word, Outlook, Internet search, Electronic Health Records and use of technological devices such as cell phones and tablets
- Bilingual Spanish (speak, write, read) preferred
Outreach & Engagement Specialist – Targeted Case Management
The core functions of this position are to locate and engage new clients referred by the Health Home lead agencies, case finding activities and outreach to community organizations to identity and recruit new clients, and re-engage clients who are lost to follow-up
- Must possess a High School diploma.
- Prior experience with outreach preferred.
- Must possess ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment a must.
- Computer proficient in MS WORD, Outlook , Electronic Health Record software and technological devices such as tablets and mobile phones.
- Knowledge of medical and mental health services, benefits and entitlements, and housing in the New York City Metro area is helpful.
- Bilingual (English- Spanish) is preferred.
Behavioral Health Center – Licensed Master Social Worker (Bi-lingual Spanish)
The Behavioral Health Center (BHC) Therapist establishes a therapeutic relationship with assigned clients and helps clients with emphasis on prevention. BHC Therapist works with clients and groups to promote optimum mental health. BHC Therapist is responsible for the overall maintenance of a therapeutic environment in the Clinic.
- LMSW from an accredited institution of higher learning; current NYS licensure preferred or possesses a permit from the New York State Education Department.
- Minimum 2 years within the last 3 years experience in providing mental health counseling/therapy within an OMH licensed setting.
- Well versed in diagnosis, therapy, educational programs and development of treatment plans; able to deal effectively with variety of patient mental disabilities and dysfunctions; provide crisis intervention and treatment for patients which may require special observation.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Bi-lingual Spanish required
Bailey House, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.